online Marketing Analysis | Strategy | Planning | Business Development
Michael Wert made his career in advertising and marketing for 40 years. He is the retired CEO of DiMark, Inc., a marketing services company he co-founded.
DiMark went public, and through organic growth and acquisitions became the national leader inA�data-driven, integrated marketing with an emphasis on healthcare. Market capitalization increased by a factor of 12, after which DiMark was purchased by Harte-Hanks Communications, an NYSE company.
Mike previously served as senior marketing officer for Union Fidelity Life Insurance Company and as a creative director for an agency specializing in technology.
Mike is an active investor and advisor to early stage companies with focus on healthcare-related enterprises. He provides services through his solely owned company, The Acumen Consortium.
Other current activities include:
- St Mary Medical Center: Member of the Board of Directors
- University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing: Member Board of Overseers and funding the Michael and Susan Wert Scholarship. The scholarship provides aid to a selected student seeking a dual degree from the School of Nursing and Wharton Business School.
- CRO Analytics: Board of Directors.A�CRO Analytics specializes in performance data collection and validation on clinical research organizations for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Michael L. and Susan K. Wert Foundation: Trustee. Mike and his wife,A�Susan, established and maintain this foundation. Most grants are related to health care issues.
- TMPC Networking: Leading a volunteer group committed to advising job searchers and connecting them to opportunities.
Recent activities include:
- LIFE (Living Independently for Elders): President, Executive Committee. LIFE is a PACE facility providing all-inclusive care for 450 frail elderly in West Philadelphia. Mike was a founding board member of LIFE UPenn, which is currently one of the largest PACE facilities in the US.
- Catholic Health East (CHE): Vice Chair of the Board, Finance Committee Chair, Executive Committee and Leadership and Compensation Committee. Served on the steering committee that governed the successful combination of CHE and Trinity Health, resulting in the second largest Catholic Health System in the U.S.
Mike formerly served on not-for-profit boards for Lower Bucks Hospital, St Mary Medical Center (Chair), Bucks County Health Foundation (Chair), Germantown Home, The Jackson Laboratory and Family Services Association of Bucks County. For-profit boards include Commonwealth State Bank, Christini Technologies, LScan Technologies.